Spirituality involves the recognition and acceptance of a God beyond our own intelligence and with whom we can have a relationship. This God can provide an experience of inspiration, joy, security, peace of mind, and guidance that goes beyond what is possible in the absence of the conviction that such a power exists.
Spiritual healing is when energy is transmitted to the person who needs it. The treatment works on the body, mind and spirit, which are seen as one unit that must harmonize for good health. If a separate healer is involved, the healer will place the hand on the person being treated to channel the energy from the Higher Source. The spiritual healing can help mental and emotional problems and physical conditions such as a frozen shoulder.
Spiritual Healing is the practice of attuning to Divine or Life Force energy, by meditative means or prayer, to be the instrument or the means through which this energy can be channeled to a person, place or object, present or not, via the Hands of Loving Thoughts, to have beneficial effect upon the person as a whole, or any or all levels of Body, Mind and Spirit.
Such energies are only now starting to be recognized by western medicine. Most eastern medical systems have acknowledged and used such forces for hundreds to thousands of years. Chi and prana are two of the better known names for these energies. They are related to, and can be directed by, a person’s consciousness. Because of this, one can receive such healing forces either in the presence of, or at a distance from, the healer being worked with.
Developing a relationship with God will provide you with guidance for making decisions and solving problems. God has a universal wisdom that goes beyond what you can accomplish through your own intellect. In traditional religions this has been referred to as the “divine intelligence.”
Through connecting with God, you can draw upon this greater wisdom to help you resolve all kinds of difficulties. By learning to ask God for guidance, you’ll be surprised to find that every sincere request sooner or later is answered. And the quality of that answer generally exceeds what you could have figured out through your own conscious intellect or will. Here, God is like your co-pilot. God is always available in the instant of need to those who have made a habit of waiting quietly before Him for insight and guidance.
Follow these guidelines for an effective relationship with God:
- Be quiet, patient, and open before God
- Be confident that he will communicate his wishes and help you execute them.
- Do not tempt God or make terms with Him. Gandhi said, “Not until we have reduced ourselves to nothingness, can we conquer the evil in us. God demands nothing less than complete self-surrender as the price for the only real freedom that is worth having. And when a man thus loses himself, he immediately finds himself in the service of all that lives. It becomes his delight and his recreation.”
- Be willing to accept what God provides. He knows best. “Thy will, not mine, be done.” Have full trust in the wisdom of God.
- Ask for God’s help.
- Let God speak to you through his Word. Read spiritual and religious books such as the Bible and learn about the rules of victorious living.
These are some of the characteristics that define a close relationship with God. All of them can significantly contribute to your personal healing process. The extent and sincerity of your commitment will determine the degree of personal healing you experience.
Methods that are commonly used for spiritual healing work include:
- Visualization (understanding, caring, healing, protecting)
- Channeling of spiritual energy (for instance: chi, prana, reiki)
- Devices that transmit healing forces
- Channeling of spiritual helpers and guides
- Personal spiritual realization
- Advanced levels of concentration
- Psychic abilities
- Universal compassion
Which problems can Spiritual Healing help?
Spiritual healing can help with any problem, mental, physical or emotional. Healers are especially effective for muscular-skeletal problems. Such as frozen shoulders, stiff necks and bad knees.
What Can You Do To Develop Your Spiritual Life
You can deepen your commitment to spirituality through any of the following means:
- Regular participation in church or your preferred spiritually based organization.
- Regular reading of the Bible or other inspirational literature of your preference. It’s good to do this at least once per day, either upon awakening, during your lunch break, or before retiring.
- Regular practice of meditation.
- Regular practice of prayer or spiritual affirmations.
- Get help from others (Healing practitioners, intercessory prayer, etc.)
- Join a prayer group
Many spas also incorporate spirituality into their programs such as the Chopra Center and Deepak’s book