When it first opened in 1888, the Hotel del Coronado was considered the premier vacation and health destination, where the sea-swept air was both preservative and restorative.
Although early visitors certainly appreciated the therapeutic effects of saltwater bathing and fresh ocean air, these weren’t the seashore’s only allure. Victorians were also drawn to the soul-satisfying aesthetics the seascape provided. The Del’s unparalleled oceanfront location gave early visitors the chance to enjoy one of nature’s most inherently beautiful landscapes: sand, sun and sea.
More than a century later, the timeless Pacific tides and breezes of this San Diego spa resort still have the power to restore the mind, body and spirit.
The new state-of-the-art facilities feature 21 massage and treatment rooms, hydrotherapy tubs, a relaxation area for both men and women, steam rooms and California spa treatments. Guests are able to unwind at the Spa’s expansive private terrace with a fire pit and vanishing edge pool overlooking the magnificent Windsor Lawn and the Pacific Ocean.
With its iconic red turrets piercing the taut horizontal lines of an azure California skyline, the Hotel del Coronado radiates with a confidence of gracious Victorian splendor that is without equal.
Built in 1888, this classic beachfront respite has long been heralded as one of America’s most beautiful beach resorts. A pronouncement underscored by its designation as a National Historic Landmark in 1977.
Today, The Del offers guests a unique combination of modern luxury touched with the charm and grace of this fairytale castle. Include its stunning beachfront locale and it’s easy to see why The Del has been called “one of the top ten resorts in the world” by USA Today.
The quintessential San Diego vacation destination, the Hotel del Coronado offers something for everyone. For families, The Del is the idyllic locale for those who yearn for a memorable vacation getaway. For couples, the resort’s enchanting island setting and classic architecture form the perfect backdrop for a romantic escape. Thus making The Del the number-one wedding destination in America as rated by the Travel Channel. And when it comes to business, few hotels or conference centers can match the unique surroundings that frame the more than 65,000-square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting and exhibition space.
Hotel del Coronado Spa Video Tour
- Top 20 Hotel Spas in the world by Travel + Leisure
- Top 10 Resorts In The World, USA Today
- 500 Greatest Hotels in the World, Travel + Leisure Magazine
- Top 100 U.S. Resorts, Travel + Leisure Magazine Readers Poll
- #2 Best Place in the World to Get Married, Travel Channel
- Best Resort Getaway, Los Angeles Magazine
- Best Resort in San Diego, Orange County Register Readers Poll
- Best San Diego Resort, Travel + Leisure en Espanol
- Top 15 Family Resorts, Travel + Leisure Family Magazine
- America’s 10 Best Family Resorts, Family Life Magazine
- Top 20 Hotel Spas in the World, Travel + Leisure Magazine, 2008
- Top 50 Resorts for Parents & Kids, Travel + Leisure Family Magazine, 2008