This spa article is brought to you by Spavelous.com.
What better way to escape the chill of winter than winding down at a spa, with TripAdvisor, the online travel site, coming up with a list of the top 10 world spas according to its readers. All four- or five-star properties, these spas offer relaxing and opulent settings where travellers can unwind, detoxify and invigorate their minds, bodies and spirits. The USA has taken four of the Top Ten Spa positions.
This list was compiled by TripAdvisor and is not endorsed by Reuters:
1. Ojai Valley Inn and Spa, Ojai, Calif.: About 65 kilometres south of Santa Barbara, the mission-style Ojai Valley Inn and Spa features a 31,000-square-foot spa village. Engage in about a dozen varieties of massage treatments and indulge in the spa’s signature Kuyam mud treatment.
2. Victoria-Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa, Interlaken, Switzerland:
3. The Lodge At Woodloch, Hawley, Pennsylvania: Surrounded by forest in Pennsylvania’s lake region, just 150 kilometres from New York City, The Lodge at Woodloch embraces nature, with sweeping windows and whirlpools with woodland views.
4. Les Sources de Caudalie, Aquitaine, France:
5. Como Shambhala, Bali, Indonesia:.
6. Canyon Ranch Lenox, Lenox, Massachusetts: Set in the New England Berkshires, Canyon Ranch boasts a beautiful spa complex around a grandiose Italianate mansion. For the nature lover, spa aficionado, relaxation or health seeker, this spa has numerous outdoor activities, healthy gourmet dining and personalized programs.
7. Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach, Calif.: Located in the Del Monte forest, Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach is a Mediterranean-style, two-story villa with trickling fountains and a neighbouring exquisite spa. Get off to a rocky start by indulging in the Pebble Massage, where smooth stones are used to relax and release tension.
8. Lausanne Palace & Spa, Vaud, Switzerland:
9. Hotel Le Mirador Kempinski Genfer See, Vaud, Switzerland
10. Schlosshotel Buehlerhoehe, Buhl, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany: