1. Texas Eight-Hand Massage at The Ritz-Carlton Spa , Dallas, TX: If two hands are better than one, what do you say about eight? Four therapists working in tandem untie every muscle knot in your body with a deft touch. You won’t feel lonely.
2. Evian Bath at Spa V in the Hotel Victor, South Beach, Florida: At $5,000, this treatment better make you feel like a trillion bucks. Guests of the hotel penthouse can have their bath tub filled with 1,000 bottles of Evian water and sprinkled with rose petals. It’s paired with a bottle of champagne, dessert and two spa treatments.
3. 24-karat gold facial at the Willow Stream Spa, The Fairmont Newport Beach, California: All that glitters is not old, or so that’s the thinking behind draping the skin very super-thin layers of 24-karat gold. It’s purported to reduce wrinkles and firm skin, just like Cleopatra did, long before your time.
It doesn’t make our top 5 list, but the Beachside Balinese massage at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami comes close.View Larger Image View Larger Image
It doesn’t make our top 5 list, but the Beachside Balinese massage at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami comes close.
4. 24-karat treatment, Four Season George V, Paris: The golden touch is used for a body massage, facial exfoliation and anti-aging. While you laze about, sip on tea, made with gold-leaf wrapped bags, and nibble on a gold-topped macaroon. To finish, after your makeup application, there’s a spritz of gold powder for glow to go.
5. Dream Girl massage, Spa on Location, Santa Monica, California: Why waste diamonds by wearing them? Just have a massage therapist from this mobile, luxury spa, sprinkle $1 million worth of the stones over your back and let their curative powers do the work. But does this treatment come with a security guard?