Brought to you by Spavelous
Spas of America’s Top 30 Spas for 2008
1. 100 Fountain Spa at the Pillar & Post, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
2. The Homestead
3. Fitness Ridge Resort & Spa
4. Abhasa Spa, Royal Hawaiian Hotel
5. Rancho La Puerta, Tecate, Mexico
6. Mohonk Mountain House
7. The Tides Zihuatanejo, Zihuatanejo, Mexico
8. Living Waters Spa
9. Turtle Cove Spa, Mountain Harbor Resort
10. The Boulders Resort & Golden Door Spa
11. Aspira Spa, The Osthoff Resort
12. Willows Lodge & Spa
13. Bernardus Lodge
14. Secret Garden Spa, Prince of Wales, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
15. Red Mountain Spa
16. Anara Spa, Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort
17. Crystal Springs Resort
18. Miraj Hammam Spa, Vancouver, British Columbia
19. Pala Casino Spa & Resort
20. Grotto Spa, Tigh-Na-Mara Spa Resort, Parksville, British Columbia
21. Spa Terra, Meritage Resort at Napa
22. Chrysalis Inn & Spa
23. Park Hyatt Toronto, Stillwater Spa, Toronto, Ontario
24. Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa
25. Ancient Cedars Spa, Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino, British Columbia
26. The Heartland Spa
27. Spa Avania, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort
28. Health Spa Napa Valley, Inn at Southbridge
29. Temple Gardens Mineral Spa, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
30. Bonneville Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Annual customer ranking of resort, hotel and destination spas across North America
Spas of America, announced their annual ranking of the Top 30 Spas of 2008, based on consumer traffic. Spas of America president Craig Oliver says, “This year’s list is a unique cross-section of Spa & Wellness experiences from across North America, including resort, hotel and destination spas from the United States, Canada and Mexico.” Top 30 list represents the top 5%.
“Many of the spas making our list for 2008 are long-time established properties, with a solid track record of providing extraordinary Spa & Wellness experiences to spa travelers around the world. For 2009 we expect this trend to continue, with consumers attracted to unique experiences, well-earned reputations and value. Even — perhaps especially — in economic downturns, consumers realize the value of Spa & Wellness as a benefit to their overall well-being”.
This year’s list is a unique cross-section of Spa & Wellness experiences from across North America, including resort, hotel and destination spas from the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Topping the list for 2008 is the 100 Fountain Spa at the Pillar and Post set in charming Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. The 100 Fountain Spa is located in the heart of Niagara’s wine region, a year-round destination offering a wide range of cultural and recreational activities, only minutes from majestic Niagara Falls.
Number two is the Homestead, situated in the scenic Allegheny Mountains of Virginia. Built in 1892, the Homestead Spa is one of America’s most historic luxury spas, still fed by the original hot springs that have attracted travelers since the 1700s.
Third place honors go to the Fitness Ridge Resort & Spa in Ivins, Utah. Set amidst the remarkable red rocks of southwestern Utah, Fitness Ridge is categorized as a “destination spa,” offering a one-week-minimum, results-oriented health, fitness and weight loss program.
Spas of America’s Top 30 Spas of 2008 are ranked by unique page views generated by customers visiting our website in 2008.