First Comprehensive Report On Girlfriend Getaways Says Social Pressures Cause More Women To Vacation Without Men The survey, conducted by AAA and Aspire, is the most comprehensive study of the girlfriend getaways travel market.
The report found that 24 percent of American women have taken a girlfriend getaway in the past three years, and 39 percent of American women plan on taking one in the next three years.
This comprehensive report included an online survey of 1,500 women, a telephone survey of 513 women and telephone focus groups of 16 women. The AAA/Aspire study shows that women are not going on girlfriend getaways just to get away from you.
Interesting facts about girlfriend getaways:
• Most girlfriend getaways consist of 2-3 women (51 percent).
• Girlfriend getaways account for approximately four percent of all US leisure travel spending.
• The leading reasons women want to take the girlfriend getaways are to bond with friends or family (70 percent) and to escape from their daily responsibilities (65 percent).
• The most popular activities while on a girlfriend getaway are dining out (86 percent), shopping (74 percent), spa (73 percent) and going to the beach or pool (70 percent).
• Between 2004 and 2007 there has been an increase in taking girlfriend getaways for “no reason” – 30 percent vs. 40 percent, respectively.
• The greatest number of women who had gone on a girlfriend getaway in the past three years had no children (38 percent), and were not married (42 percent).