Everything you use on your skin or hair is absorbed into your body.
Look at the ingredients of every skin-care product you currently own. You may find a combination of the following dangerous, chemical and synthetic ingredients.
1) Methyl, Propyl, Butyl, and Ethyl Paraben- Some combination of these synthetic ingredients are in almost EVERY skin and hair product made today. Widely known to be highly toxic and cause allergic/skin reactions. Companies use this ingredient, because it is extremely cheap and extends the shelf life of the product by inhibiting microbial growth.
2) Propylene Glycol -This Petroleum by-product is a synthetic ingredient used as a humectant. This ingredient may be found on the label of industrial anti-freeze used to de-ice airplanes! This toxic ingredient causes many allergic reactions. Research data states that through skin contact it may cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage.
3) Synthetic Fragrances – Most Products will simply say “Fragrance” which means any combination of the cheapest 200 synthetic, toxic ingredients the company can find. Causes headaches, dizziness, rashes, violent coughing, vomiting, skin irritations etc.
4) Triethanolamine (TEA)/Diethanolamine (DEA) – Used to adjust the pH balance, but toxic and causes eye problems, and dryness of skin and hair. DEA has been linked with kidney, liver and other organ damage according to several government-funded researches. One study found that the topical application of DEA in rodents resulted in anemia, kidney degeneration, and nerve damage to the brain and spinal cord. (Melnick et al., 1994) Even more disturbing was that several animals died before the study ended. Approximately 200 million pounds of DEA are produced annually in the U.S., most of which goes into personal care products. (USITC, 1990).
5) Imidazolidinyl Urea and Diazolidinyl Urea – Used as a preservative, but a primary cause of contact dermatitis. You might see these toxic chemicals under the names Germall II and Germall 115, which release formaldehyde at just over 10°.
So check the ingredients and make smart choices.
Spavelous Spa Find