What Do You Want in a Spa?
Not all spas are built the same. The features, amenities, services and skill level of the service providers are different for each location. Before selecting a spa, take inventory on what you must have and what you would like to have so you can find the spa that best fits your wants and your needs. What is the major reason for your desire to go to a spa? Here are the Top Ten Reasons for Visiting a Spa: Do any of them apply to you?
- Stress Reduction: Relief Stress and feel relaxed
- Pampering and self indulgence
- Feel better about myself
- Redeem gift Certificate
- Improve mental health
- Improve physical health
- Improve appearance
- Enjoy a special occasion
- Regulate body weight
- Prescribed by a medical doctor
What are your reasons and what is your specific spa experience for this spa getaway?
- Decide between a quick treat, or a longer, leisurely treatment or stay.
- Do you want do go to a local day spa for an affordable no frills hour’s massage, then go about your day?
- Do you want to spend a few hours relaxing, enjoying the facilities of a resort’s, steam room, fitness classes, and steamy aromatic showers?
What services do you desire? Are you going with others and how many people will want these services at the same time? This is critical to determine if the spa is large enough to accommodate you and the others in your party.
- Nail Services
- Body Treatments
- Holistic Services
What amenities do you desire?
- Changing Room
- Makeup Area with personal care items (hair dryers, brushes, deodorant, shavers, makeup pads, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hairspray)
- Showers to use before and after the service
- Steam Room
- Dry Sauna
- FIR Sauna
- Relaxation room
- Spa Meal
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Equipment
- Fitness Classes
- Wi-Fi ( are you a workaholic who has to get that business report done)
- No Children
- No Cell Phones allowed
- Reading Material (books, newspapers, Health & Fitness Magazines)
- Complimentary Beverage Service, bottled water, coffee, tea, fresh fruit or snack items
- Do you want co-ed lounge areas or Unisex only?
- How important is body draping to you? Are you comfortable with just a towel, or do you prefer a sheet, blanket and heated table?