All That Glitters Is Gold
Just when you thought a facial couldn’t be any more of a luxury, spas have come up with a gold-leaf process which recreates the golden mask of Cleopatra except it is designed for today’s woman.
Throughout history, gold has been recognized for its luxurious and beautifying properties. Historians have long maintained that Cleopatra used pure gold as a tool to maintain youthful skin by reportedly sleeping in a gold mask every night. In ancient Rome, gold salves were used for the treatment of a variety of skin problems. In ancient Chinese medicine gold was a key to youth, as the queen of the Ch’ing dynasty used a gold massage roller on her face every day. These gold facials are also being touted as being based on the ancient Indian healing art of Ayurveda and are said to firm the skin, give it a glow and reduce wrinkles.
- Gold-based facial spa treatments may be found in California, Georgia, Texas, New York, and New Jersey with prices starting at $175 for a sixty minute treatment. The benefits of gold reportedly include:
- Gold slows down collagen depletion and the breakdown of elastin to prevent sagging skin. It stimulates cellular growth of the basal layer to regenerate healthy, firm skin cells and provide a tightening effect.
- Reduces the Appearance of Fine Lines and Wrinkles.
- Reduces the Appearance of Sun Damage and Age Spots: Since 1929 Gold has been successfully used to treat rheumatoid arthritis by reducing inflammation. Gold’s anti-inflammatory properties also decrease skin inflammation, thereby slowing down melanin secretion and reducing age spots.
- Gold fights off damaging free radicals to help prevent premature aging of the skin.
Prefer to have a gold product that can be used at home?
Gold Revitalizer 1.8oz
Gold Revitalizer will purify and moisturize even the deepest pores of your skin. Gold delivers its active elements to skin’s deepest keratin layer, known as the skin’s “barrier zone.” Gold Revitalizer uses natural Gold ion formula to reach, exfoliate, and moisturize even the skin’s deepest basal layer. You might be pleasantly surprised by Gold’s comfort and refreshing feel. Find your natural self, and experience your true skin. Gold’s ion treatment will completely moisturize your skin. Unlike peeling that uses acid and/or polish, Gold ion formula will not cause damage to the skin. After old skin is exfoliated through peeling, Gold active elements–including collagen, squalene oil, elastin and Vitamin E–will moisturize the skin to the fullest. Skincare is made simple with Gold Revitalizer.
Add your own touch of gold to anything or anyone!
Edible 23K Gold Dust Shaker
This genuine 23K gold is made specifically for the food industry. It’s perfect for decorating Holiday cookies wedding cakes or anything that you want to prepare with the real glow of gold! This gold dust is 100mg of finely powdered gold leaf; and it comes in a handy (and handsome!) lucite shaker.
This is a favorite of mine to make simple things sexy and fun. You can sprinkle it into your body powder or face powder to add a hint of gold.
It is Edible, so I love to use it to top off a glass of champagne or make a ho hum dessert extra special by adding a dash to everything.
Gold Medicinal and More
- The alchemists in the 15th century considered gold a favorable remedy for most ills and prepared many substances with it.
- In Renaissance Venice, the double function of gold as medicine and as a symbol of riches was combined in the custom of serving gold-covered, sugared almonds after the meal in order to strengthen the heart and protect against rheumatism.
- During Visconti’s reign in Milan, gold and spices were blended with unpleasant things which needed to be swallowed in order to make them more appetizing.
- Embellishing foods with gold is a centuries old tradition that originated in the East, where it served as a symbol of hospitality and wealth. Gold on food and drink was also considered a symbol of respect for special guests at your table.
The Gold Standard of Home Skincare:
Hylunia has created a fabulous all natural skincare line based on Ayurvedic principles. You too can incorporate your own Gold facial using the Hylunia products that are right for your skin. Since 1988, Hylunia has grown to be the trusted skin care brand used by physicians and exclusive spas around the world because its products’ unique anti-inflammatory properties. Hylunia’s focus is to create products that calm and soothe the skin and reduce the impact of environmental stress and sensitivity. Hylunia creates safe, effective skin care products free of all irritants.
Here is my own Hylunia Gold Home Recipe for fabulous skin:
Marie’s Cleopatra inspired Solid Gold Evening Anti Aging Facial:
- Cleanse your face with the appropriate cleanser for your skin type
- Mist with your favorite Hylunia Healing Water to tone the skin
- Apply a 50 / 50 blend of Hylunia Ultimate Anti-Oxidant Treatment and Night Treatment (you only need a pea size amount.
- Apply Edible Gold Leaf Sheets to your face
– Edible Genuine Gold Leaf, 23 karat turns your Facial into something extra special. Also a great way to customize a simple store bought cake or dessert and turn it into a culinary presentation works of art.
- Relax and let your face dry for 30 minutes
Massage gold leaf off. Do not rinse. Just head off to bed and enjoy your fabulous golden glow skin in the morning.
To locate a Hylunia Spa near you, contact 1-800-547-1232
Here are a few Hylunia Spas near you.