This article is brought to you by Spavelous.com.
The Green Spa Network, the leading association of “organic” wellness institutions and spas in North America is pleased to welcome its newest Cultivator Spa – ESSpa Kozmetika Organic Skincare & Spa, going green in Pittsburgh, PA.
“As an industry leader in greening that has undertaken an impressive agenda which they should be proud of, ESSpa Kozmetika is well-suited to join GSN at the Cultivator membership level and to work with us to bring planetary healing to the forefront of the spa industry. This level of membership is limited to 20 select spas and it is our sincere pleasure to welcome ESSpa Kozmetika as the third member of this group,” said GSN Board Director Michael Stusser. According to ESSpa Kozmetika Founder & CEO, Eva Sztupka-Kerschbaumer, “The decision to join the Green Spa Network was a logical way for us to share our primary mission to combine natural products made with organic ingredients with the traditional skincare that I learned in my native Hungary. We are honored to join the GSN and hope to assist this esteemed group make our industry stronger and more responsible.”
According to the GSN website, A Green spa is a center for healing, aesthetics and wellness where reducing the spa’s environmental footprint is a top priority. To be extended an invitation to join the Green Spa Network, a spa must prove that they not only “talk the talk” but that they “walk the walk” regarding its dedication to environmentally responsible, green practices.
What Constitutes a A Green Spa:
1. Strives to conserve energy and water resources.
2. Is committed to using materials that can be recycled, follows recycling practices, and is always looking for ways to minimize waste.
3. Utilizes natural and organic skin care products.
4. Believes that it has a responsibility to guests and to the planet to reduce exposure to toxic substances and to minimize hazardous waste generation.
5. Is open to learning and adopting new environmentally friendly strategies and techniques.
6. Shares its concern for the Earth’s well-being with guests.
Why should consumers seek out and expect to find when visiting a Green Spa?
1. Green spas naturally healthy – By limiting toxins in their skin care products and in their spa’s environment, green spas provide a healthier experience.
2. Green spas are more relaxing – By putting aside the stressors of modern life – including noise, pollution, toxins and waste – green spas are able to offer a more balanced and relaxing experience.
3. Green spa treatments are more effective – Synthetically derived skincare products may produce quick results, but they might also cause damage. Natural treatments are gentler and help ensure long-term health and beauty.
4. Green spas put the body in harmony with nature – Green spas are attuned to the rhythms of nature as well as the rhythms of the human body. When nature and body are in harmony humans feel healthier, stronger and more attractive.
“It is our goal to bring the time-honored traditions of Hungarian skincare and incorporate them into a contemporary holistic state,” said Mrs. Sztupka-Kerschbaumer. “Combining the ancient techniques of my Hungarian heritage with the environmentally responsible practices embodied by the Green Spa Network will allow ESSpa Kozmetika to educate a much wider audience about the benefits of organic-based spa treatments. I look forward to the challenge.”
ESSpa Kozmetika Organic Skincare & Spa is located within an sustainably restored autobody garage built in 1917 in Aspinwall Borough, just 8 miles north of Downtown Pittsburgh. Eva and her team of Hungarian-trained professionals use only the finest and handmade products in facials, massages, body and nail treatments designed to go beyond mere relaxation and deliver better-looking, healthy skin. It is her belief that a trip to a spa should never be considered a luxury and that regular visits to ESSpa Kozmetika Skincare make great preventative medicine that should be routine for the entire family – even the kids.
Spa Reference Quick Links