Wrinkles are the battle blemishes of age that show the wisdom and experience that can only approach with time. Too many, though, they are purely a sign they are getting older and not welcomed at all. Wrinkles have many reasons. Some wrinkles can be removed, while others are simply an irremovable act of environment. There are many ways to defends the skin from rising excessive wrinkles and diminish the effect of the unavoidable wrinkles.
Wrinkles are fragile creases caused by thin, drooping skin. These are particularly seen on the face, neck and hands. Wrinkles appear when the collagen and elastin present in the connective tissue of the skin is damaged or reduce in number. Skin that has bears such damage appears thinner, loses fat content, elasticity and smoothness.
Home Remedies for Reducing Wrinkles
Symptoms for wrinkled skin
Some of the signs of wrinkled skin are –
Lined and wrinkly skin Drooping skin Parts that are more affected include sensitive skin near the eyes, lips and neck.
Though some creases are temporary, they may become deeper and more enduring due to ageing.
- Smoking – Smoking can accelerate the normal aging process of your skin, contributing to wrinkles. This may be due to changes in the blood supply to your skin.
- Light skin – people with light skin tend to experience a higher level of sun damage, which usually accelerates the development of wrinkles.
- Genetic factors – if your parents developed wrinkles earlier than other people, your chances of also doing so are significantly higher than somebody whose parents developed wrinkles later than others.
- Hair – some hairstyles provide more shade for the face than others.
- Clothes – people who tend to wear hats and long sleeves usually develop wrinkles later in life compared to other people of the same skin type.
- Some jobs – people whose jobs expose them to more sunlight tend to become wrinkly earlier than others. Examples include fishermen, farmers, sailors, golfers, tanning booth employees (UV exposure), and gardeners.
- Exposure to UV (ultraviolet light) – apart from those mentioned above who have jobs that expose them to more sunlight, people who spend considerable time out in the sun during their leisure hours are more likely to develop wrinkles earlier.
- Facial expressions – people who repeatedly smile, frown, or squint will develop fine lines and wrinkles earlier than other who do not do these facial expressions so often. According to the Mayo Clinic, each time we use a facial muscle a groove forms under the surface of the skin. When you are young the skin springs back, but as it gets older and loses its flexibility springing back becomes harder and less frequent, resulting in more.
- Age. As you get older, your skin naturally becomes less elastic and more fragile. Decreased production of natural oils dries your skin and makes it appear more wrinkled. Fat in the deeper layers of your skin diminishes. This causes loose, saggy skin and more-pronounced lines and crevices.
Home Remedies for Reducing Wrinkles
- One can apply egg whites to the skin under eyes to reduce wrinkles.
- Odor-free castor oil can be applied to the skin beneath the eyes or on that of the throat.
- Empty the contents of 3 Vitamin E tablets into a small bowl. Add to this 2 tablespoonful simple yogurt, 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the face with the use of a cotton ball. Remain it on for 10 minutes and wash.
- A mixture of 1/4 cup comfrey infusion, 1/4 cup witch hazel and 10 drops of patchouli essential oil is helpful wrinkles treatment. This can be collect in a clean bottle and applied on affected areas with a cotton ball.
- Softly massage coconut oil on parts of skin prone to wrinkles each night a bedtime.
- A paste of turmeric made with sugarcane juice is enormous to avoid wrinkles and slow skin ageing.
- Cut a green Thompson seedless grape in half and softly press it on your face on the wrinkles. Stay it for 20 minutes and wash with warm water and let it dry in natural air.
- Massage the core of pineapple on the face and stay it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. This works best on wrinkles.
- Applying juice of green pineapples and apples on the face every day for 10-15 minutes is fine for wrinkles and broken skin.
- Application of pure castor oil frequently avoids wrinkles.